Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a Kindness Certified Company?
A Kindness Certified Company is good to their people, community, planet and world. To become Kindness Certified, companies commit to upholding a set of values and aspirations with the goal of having a positive impact on their employees, community and the environment.
2. Can any company become a Kindness Certified Company?
The Kindness Certified Company program is launched and piloted in Carlsbad, CA. All San Diego North County companies, who serve our local community are invited to become Kindness Certified. The only requirements are to:
– adhere to the Kindness Certified company values and aspirations
– complete an annual self-certification report
3. What are the benefits of becoming a Kindness Certified Company?
- Featured on Kids for Peace and Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce websites
- Recognized in the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce Members’ Directory
- Receive a quarterly newsletter with volunteer opportunities and helpful resources
- Invitation to an annual community-wide service project
- Participate in the annual Great Kindness Challenge with a business-focused kindness checklist
- Receive a Kindness Certified Company seal & certificate to share (hardcopy & electronic)
5. What if our company has branches in different locations?
The Kindness Certified Company program aligns with the “think global, act local” approach. Companies strive to adhere to the global Kindness Certified Company values and are recognized on a local level. Each branch requires their own certification to highlight the kind leadership and culture at their participating location/branch.
6. How much does it cost to become a Kindness Certified Company?
The cost to participate in this annual self-certification program is $150 for current and future Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce members. The annual non-member fee is $200.
10$ from each certification fee will be donated to the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce Foundation to further support our community.
7. How do you make sure companies live up to the agreed upon Kindness Certified Company values and expectations?
Participating companies complete an annual self-certification report and submit photos of their community engagement projects. The program is based on an honor-system and is aimed at recognizing companies for their commitment to kindness and the actions they take to make the world a better place.