Kindness Unites Paperchain Campaign Details
We will set a new Guinness World Record by creating a 110+ mile inspirational paper-chain. We will collect over 2 million links of recycled/reused paper each with a message of love & hope for the world. Once “social-distancing” is lifted and it is again safe to gather in groups, we will assemble our Kindness Unites Paperchain. After the chain is officially measured for the Guinness World Record, we will distribute sections to hospitals, senior centers, libraries and more as a beautiful reminder that we are all #LinkedByLove!
Everyone in the entire world is invited to create links for our global Kindness Unites Paperchain!
Links for the paperchain must be delivered to Kids for Peace HQ (1302 Pine Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008). The official Guinness World Record attempt will take place on November 13, 2021 in Carlsbad, CA. All locally participating schools will be provided details when to drop off their assembled paperchain.
Links for the paperchain will be mailed or delivered to Kids for Peace Headquarters: Kids for Peace, 1302 Pine Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA
Assembled paperchain will be delivered in person to the Guinness World Record event on November 13, 2021 in Carlsbad, CA.
How To Create Love Links
It’s easy! Please follow the steps below:
1. Gather Recycled/Reused Paper – Let’s be mindful of the environment. We plan to make the entire paper-chain from recycled or reused paper. The weight of the paper should be thin enough to easily mail/bend and thick enough to create a sturdy link in the paperchain.
Suggested materials: cereal/food boxes, craft paper scraps, brown paper shopping bags, large mailing envelopes.
2. Measure & Cut Links – Each strip must be between 11 inches – 18 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. You may make as many links as you’d like. There is no limit per person!
3. Decorate Links with Love & Hope – You can get as creative as you’d like as you share messages of LOVE and HOPE for the world, however we ask that you avoid gluing 3-dimensional objects that may create waste/litter when assembled. Use markers, paint, crayons, sharpies, pencils or pens. We will feature many of the links on our website and on social media to inspire the world.
4. Place Your Links In An Envelope – You may fold the links in half if needed to fit in your envelope. DO NOT turn your links into a chain – we will assemble the chain once the “social distancing” mandate is lifted. Please kindly make sure to include this quick certification form with your Love Links. Thank you!
5. Add An Optional Donation – If you’d like to help support Kids for Peace, we invite you to slip in a dollar bill with your links. Donations are not required to participate, but greatly appreciated to help support our two programs: The Great Kindness Challenge and The Peace Pledge Program. If you’d like to send a tax-deductible check, please make it out to: Kids for Peace. Thank you! Thank you!
6. Mail Your Links to Kids for Peace HQ – Put the finished links (and optional donation!) in an envelope addressed to Kids for Peace. Please include your return address on the envelope so we can track where all the links are coming from. Add the necessary postage.
7. Optionally, click HERE to stay informed of the Guinness World Record progress and to let us know that your Love Links are on their way!
Did you know that we have already set one Guinness World Record?! It’s true! In 2015, thanks to over 180,000 participants of The Great Kindness Challenge, we set a world record for the “Largest Collage of Kind-Hearted Handprints.” We blanketed the halls of a Dignity Health Glendale Memorial Hospital, joyfully uplifting the spirits of their patients and patients’ families!