Are you and your kids feeling extra stressed right now? If so, you’re not alone!
We invite you and your family to try a simple exercise to decrease stress and increase peace. Sometimes, we just need to take a Breather Break!
1. Wherever you are and whenever the stress levels are increasing, stop and say, “Let’s take a Breather Break!”
2. Together, take a long deep breath in through your nose.
3. Hold it for 1-2 seconds.
4. Exhale slowly through your mouth.
5. Repeat 5 times.
That’s it! This exercise can be completed as many times as you’d like throughout the day. Whenever you need it, just take a Breather Break!
10 Benefits of Deep Breathing Exercises for Children (source: Your Therapy Source):
- Decreases stress.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Helps you to remain calm.
- Strengthens sustained attention.
- Sharpens the ability to focus and learn.
- Slows the heart rate.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Helps to control your emotions.
- Promotes appropriate social behaviors.
- Encourages happiness.