While we are mostly housebound, it’s as important as ever to keep moving! And moving our bodies isn’t just good for our muscles, it’s great for our bones, our brains and our moods, too! You can use equipment you have around the house or choose to do exercises that don’t require any equipment at all. Customize the length and intensity of your workout to best suit your and your children’s abilities. The one-minute intervals keep it energizing and doable for almost everyone.
1. Choose the exercise(s) you’d like to do (see a list of suggestions below) and make a little sign for each exercise station.
2. Place the signs around your home to create your “circuit course.”
3. Have each family member spread out and begin by standing by one “circuit course” station. Each family member begins at their own station.
4. Set your timer for one minute and complete your first exercise, doing as many repetitions as you can in one minute at your own desired pace.
5. When the timer goes off, all family members rotate to their next station.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each additional exercise.
7. Continue for as many rotations as you’d like.
8. Pat yourself on the back – way to get moving!!!