ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
FUN ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES
- Let’s unite, bring hope and set a Guinness World Record with our Linked By Love longest paper chain ever!
- Take a Breather Break – 5 deep breaths to calm and comfort.
- Check out our One-Minute Wonders and keep your family moving with a simple circuit workout!
- Celebrate Earth Day with our COVID Cardboard Creations.
- Jot down what you are missing the most and add it to your Someday Soon Jar. Soon you will be able to enjoy it again!
- Stay safe and spread some smiles with an Undercover Smiles Facemask project!
- Organize a Happy House Hunt or a fun scavenger hunt at home.
- Create a Covid-19 Time Capsule from Long Creations.
- Send a Hug to your loved ones.
- “10 Tips On How To Maintain A Routine Of Kindness During Difficult Times” by our friends at The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation.
- Safely celebrate birthdays with a Happy Birthday Party Parade! Learn more and see the joy!
- Download our Great Kindness Challenge- Family Edition checklist and complete as many items as possible from home.
- Join our Happy Heart Hunt. Let’s blanket our world with LOVE! It’s simple! Just make a heart from any object and tape it to a street-facing window to send your love out to the world. Encourage all your friends to do the same. Then, in a few days, take a family walk to search for other hearts on houses. How fun it will be to watch the love grow! Learn more
- Host Family Game Night – get out the board games, decks of cards, chess sets and puzzles.
- Create an obstacle course with things from your home.
- Have a spontaneous dance party! Crank the tunes and DANCE!!
- Play charades.
- Clean your closets together. (Seriously!) Put on some fun music and then joyfully declutter. Keep only the things that are useful and spark joy.
- Create a family “masterpiece” out of recycled items from your decluttering.
- Listen to a podcast: “Wow in the World”.
- Learn on-line together.
- Teach your child a skill or a share a talent. Teach them to cook, change a tire, sew on a button, balance a checkbook, play the ukulele, etc.
- Go on a scavenger hunt.
- Explore nature. Continue to spend time outdoors. The fresh air is good for kids, and for us as parents. But please do this as a family rather than meeting up in groups.
- Create a family vision board.
VIRTUAL PLAYDATES AND CONNECTIONS
Use a free video platform to connect with other kids. Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, WhatsApp and Google Hangouts are some of our go-tos.
- Lego Masters – Create a LEGO challenge amongst a group of friends. Give the kids a timeframe to create.
- Send pictures of final creation on a video platform.
- Start a virtual book club for kids.
- Take a Virtual Museum Tour together.
TIPS FOR PARENTS
How to talk about COVID-19 with your children
We must remember to take care of ourselves so we can take good care of our children!
Create a Routine
While you are home with your children, a routine will be helpful for both your kids and you! We love to make plans, but stay flexible and leave room for the “magic” of the moment to happen.
Some Good News with John Krasinski
A message of hope from Dr. Jane Goodall, our 2010 Peace Hero
This beautiful poem puts everything in perspective. Lockdown – Hope for Humanity
For some extra smiles: Unicorn Walking Dogs